Sunday, March 14, 2010

On Making Lists...

-Age 4: Mom takes me to live w/ grandparents in China while parents worked/studied in the U.S.
-Age 5: Living with uncle/aunt/cousin/grandparents in China. My cousin demanded the Barbie with the longer hair; I had to settle for the one with the short hair.
-Age 6: Mom comes to visit, brings HUGE Lego doll house, cousin is jealous.
-Comes back to the U.S, living in Pennsylvania.
-Had a bowl-cut; parent asks mom on the playground if I was a boy or girl.
-Didn't know how to say "bathroom" in English, made motions and gestures instead.
-First time to church
-Age 7: Cross country drive to California, got an Angelica from the Rugrats shirt at K-Mart. I still have it.
-Age 8: 2nd grade at Fairburn Elementary School. Massive crush on boy named Trenton. He asked me to marry him after I pitched a perfect game in kickball. I said yes. I later ditched him for Zach.
-Dad decides I'm going to become a Pingpong star when I grow up.
-Starts 3rd grade at Clover Elementary School. First time to Culver Palms Church of Christ.
-4th grade: Cracks up during school play, becomes the infamous "Giggle Serra"
-Kaie Yabushita professes his love for me by giving me a baby hamster, its cage furnished with a pumpkin bed. I named it Chloe.
-5th grade: Aaron Carter phase.
-Baptized at CPCC, didn't like the taste of crackers during Communion. Grandma slapped me for disrespecting God.
-6th grade: Orchestra teacher tells class to write "I will not talk in class" 300 times on paper, I was the only one stupid enough to do it.
-7th grade: Thought I was hardcore and decided to roller skate from home to swim practice in Westwood, a 4 mile trip. Died half way through, took the bus the rest of the way.
-8th grade: Moved to Rancho Palos Verdes, absolutely despised it.
-First time to SBECC.
-9th grade: Best friends with Ryan Ito o.O
-SG with Kelly, Alicia, Cher, Brandea
-10th grade: EHAP kicks off what turns out to be a struggle-filled year.
-11th grade: Won Coachella Tickets on the 98.7 FM, first time on the freeway with Heather.
-12th grade: No longer bound by the struggles.

Conclusion after 18 years:
I am still very young.
very immature.
very naive.
God proves to be sovereign.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha. your list was soo random. Happy Birthday ma'am. Wherever you go, may the Lord continue to bless you abundantly and grow you tremendously this year. peace.

Greg said...

Man. How can you do that to Trenton? You're horrible. And whatchu know about ping pong? I'll bring my double-happiness, you bring yours, and let's do this.

But you're right... God is Sovereign.