Monday, February 8, 2010

Scattered Thoughts.

2 very different things on my mind right now:

1. "Ungodliness may be defined as living one's everyday life with little or no thought of God, or of God's will, or of God's glory, or of one's dependence on God...our goal in the pursuit of godliness should be to grow more in our conscious awareness that every moment of our lives is lived in the presence of God; that we are responsible to Him and dependent on Him. This goal would include a growing desire to please Him and glorify Him in the most ordinary activities of life."
-Respectable Sins, by Jerry Bridges

Currently reading Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges. The first sin he introduced was ungodliness. Reflecting upon the chapter, I was quite discouraged by how short I fell. So this week, as I journeyed onto being more mindful of God throughout my day, I noticed how little I included Him in my decisions, in my words, in my thoughts, in my actions. But rather to have me dwell in my own shortcomings, God was good to show me how good it is when I DO include Him. There is hope in His grace that He provides me when I so easily forget Him in all the doings of my week! This week, as anxious as I may have been, was a blessed week. Yea, it was busy, and yea, I was scared for my future but it was a blessed week because it was a God-filled week. The next chapter is on Anxiety and Frustration. I'm excited.

2. Today, saw a friend change her profile picture to that of her small group 4 years ago. It got me to thinking about how we've all grown up and are becoming our own person. 4 years ago, when small group first started, I was a completely different person, as were my sg girls. But now, we've grown up, matured some, learned some. It's interesting to see how God's worked in each of our lives throughout these 4 years. I think, it's helped me to see how differently God works, how distinct He is with each little detail in our lives. While reflecting, it's also made me see how different His timing is for each person's life. God grew/is growing me and my sg girls at different times. I think, sometimes I get discouraged when I see my friends straying or putting God aside. But then I am reminded of how perfect God's plan and timing is. I used to not want to grow up. But now I'm really excited to see God's timing revealed in my life.

*Side note: I love how God created us to be little pieces of Jesus to one another.


This entry is so scattered. That's alright.

No comments: