Saturday, October 24, 2009

Empty.

Father,
I know that You are faithful. You will provide. Yet why do i worry? When will my head knowledge turn into heart knowledge? Where is my faith? I've become easily swayed by the things of this world. In need of another reminder that these are not the things that bring everlasting joy, only temporary. Need to again know that I am but a visitor here, my home rests with You. So easily I lose sight of You. So easily I forget of the times You've kept Your promise, always bringing me out of struggles, stronger. Seems like every new struggle is something different, something hopeless. You never said that we will be comfortable following You. Never said it'd be easy. Father, it is not I who leads but You. I'm sorry that I've been robbing You of Your glory, of the praise that You deserve. Thank You that You are loving. That You'd sacrifice to save ME. I disgust myself.
I know I've been empty to be filled again. Would you be faithful to fill me, God. These things are draining me. People are draining. Who do I have but You? Why do I always put this hope in people when knowing that they'd never fill me? They too, like me, are human, are despicable, are sinful, are disgusting. I am realizing the extent to which I put my faith in PEOPLE and not YOU. It tires me. Drains me. Why do I aim to please them. and not YOU?
Thank You that You are sovereign. That i can be calm in midst of a storm because I know You will bring me out.

No comments: